Hello ACYBA Families,
Wanted to pass along an update about what we know about the upcoming season. The ACYBA board met on 5/17 to discuss the 2020 baseball season.
Here is what we discussed:
The Governor has issued a new order called the Stay Safe Order. In this Order, it was expressed there will be no gatherings of more than 10 people.
We are working closely with our cities to ensure we have fields available. Currently Plymouth, Golden Valley and Robbinsdale have closed their fields indefinitely, New Hope has closed until June 15th and Crystal is closed until July 1st.
With this information the ACYBA board has decided that there will be NO ACYBA ORGANIZED BASEBALL ACTIVITIES until at least July 1st. If all goes well, on July 1st we will have some sort of baseball in our community. At this time we do not know exactly what that will look like, and we will continue to update you with information as additional information becomes available.
The board will be meeting again on June 7th to discuss any updates or new information that will be available at that time.
Many families registered prior to the delay to the season. When it became apparent the season would be delayed, we offered those families that were registered the opportunity to remain registered or to request a refund of the registration if they felt they needed the money they used to register their child. The board is still offering a full refund for families if they choose, per our last communication. Please email Kristen Boughton for information regarding a refund.
Additionally, we now know that if we have a season this summer it will be very different in terms of length and structure. For example, most youth tournaments have been cancelled. The beginning of the season is lost. As a result, once we have a season defined, we will review the costs associated with that season and revise the member registration fee’s we need to run the revised 2020 season. This means a reduction in the cost for those individuals who remain registered, with a refund for the difference between what was paid vs the cost of the revised season.
We also recognize that many players and families have not registered, or some who did requested refunds. ACYBA will create a new registration session once we have a season defined and the costs determined. We will provide notification prior to that registration beginning and work with families to get all players registered who wish to play, so we can form teams and proceed with a season.
We know these are uncertain times for everyone; and we wish we could provide more clarity to you regarding the current baseball season. At this point however, there are too many decisions outside of our control to be able to answer those questions.
Yesterday, our registrar cancelled all remaining credit card payments for registrants. This cancelation included both recurring payments and the volunteer amount which was scheduled to be charged in August following the end of season for anyone who did not complete their volunteer hours.
All volunteer amounts were canceled because we know our support needs have changed due to the current unknown status of our season.
We cancelled remaining recurring payments because we know if we have a season the program costs will be different than what a full season would have been.
Any family may still request a full refund.
The ACYBA Board will meet again on a June 7th. At that time we hope to have more information to make a decision on the program status for 2020.